Profile Hub - Help

mod_rider

I just took my back wheel off to mend a puncture, and found that the actual cassette bit of the hub is wobbling about half a centimetre each way. It looks as if something should be tightened to stop this, but i can't see any nuts that would do this.

Anyone out there had the same problem and how did you fix it?

Any help atall is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey

i am pretty sure you have nothing to work about. the freehub body isnt actally bolted to the hub

there is the body all in 1 piece then a little black spacer. the body itself is held together by the bolts and are clamped by the frame.

you might aswell pull the body off and give it all a clean and lube it back up whils your at it. oh and don worry the pawls and springs dont fly off like they do on hopes.

hope this helps

dont worry bout it,

when you put your wheel back in the freehub will feel tight again as the big nuts/bolts you undo to take wheel out compress and push the freehub into place.

this is designed to make it easier to service or repair a profile cassette hub.

iv taken 7/8 to pieces before and noticed this but the bearing shields arent covered like normal hub covers. IE hope hubs have a O-ring that holds it on, profile are press on and no O-ring.

Waynio.................................

when you put it back in the bike you will understand what i mean :P :P hopefully...... unless the bearings have collapsed