Carrying A Bike On A Motorcycle

Merreck

Does anyone know of a safe way to carry their bike with them on a motorcycle? Like possibly in a bike bag of some kind? (A mod mind you, not stock) If anyone could help me out, it'd be much appreciated. thanks :">

Edited by Merreck

greg hebold used to carry his freeride rig on the back of his crosser in america. he had a rack that he took the front wheel off the bike and then clamped the drop outs into the rack and at the other end it clipped the rear wheel onto the rack, the front wheel then got strapped to the side. i'd get a rack built that uses the spare space over your back seat and the pannier rack area... can be done and it'd be good to see it done again...

Well it's a yamaha yzf-r6, but I was thinkin about the large bag too, like maybe one of those ridiculously oversized camping back packs. take off the front wheel and pedals, and then turn the handle bars to the side. It might fit in quite nicely. I don't know, I'd have to play with it abit.

It might throw the balance off a bit on an r6 if your gonna be going quick

what about on an hayabusa ? call me stupid but an r6 is nothing compared to an r1, gsx 1000 or most definately a highby

edit: sorry ive just read the other post... :"> my bad

Edited by aust

what about on an hayabusa ? call me stupid but an r6 is nothing compared to an r1, gsx 1000 or most definately a highby

edit: sorry ive just read the other post... :">  my bad

yes a hayabusa IS much nicer, and an r6 IS nothing compared to an r1, however, an r1 and a hayabusa are way too powerful for me, I'd kill myself on either one. Hayabusa is 1300 CC, that's alot of engine...I've only been riding my r6 for a few months now so I'm not about to get something that I don't have the skill yet to ride >_<

Edited by Merreck

does it have straps so you can carry it on your back?

I think some of them do, it depends on what model/make you get.

Have a look in your local bike shops/intrawebz etc. and see if you can find one to suit(case bwahahaha) your needs >_<

Does anyone know of a safe way to carry their bike with them on a motorcycle? Like possibly in a bike bag of some kind? (A mod mind you, not stock) If anyone could help me out, it'd be much appreciated. thanks  :">

You sound like a bit of a plank tryin to carry a bicycle on the back of a motorcycle (if you do own an R6)!!!! :ermm:

I've you were a real life motorcyclist you'd not even consider it : as there would be horrendus complications if you crashed. :)

Just imagine someone with a bikebag strapped to their back going full tilt down the M.way!!! Funny if you think about it ( in a bad way)!

My advice mate is to get a better means of transport

YOu could even fold the rear seats down and fit the R6 in!! :)