Revell Stock Frame

Village Idiot

They seem like nice frames, DTT-Echo Team on here rides one, and he seems to be getting on alright with it :lol:

They feel quite long to me, although i'm comparing to my leeson, Wayne-king who rides a levelboss 1100 will probably say the revel is quite short :P

Have ago on one if you can. Overall, they ride nice, and are good value for money (Y)

And, as they are steel, cracks are an easy fix :P

long? ive had one since november and my riding has improved from it, if your smaller than most and cant ride 1065+ bikes then this bike will suit you well, it rides similar to a mod, only faults are horizontal dropouts at first i thought it was a good idea but now its a pain in the arse, the seat tube could do with being smaller and the toptube length a little longer, i surpose that just me though anyway its a really nice frame and for the money its worth it, if you want a solid frame to ride everything on then itll do the job nicely :lol:

Yea you can run gears on it, I run single speed on mine with a locked out mech.

I think the horizontal droputs are really nice aslong as you have the tensioners, all I can see wrong with them is its a bit of a bugger to get the wheel back in but other than that, they're good! :lol:

I'm about 5ft8ish and this bike suits me perfectly, just the right length for me, although you can ajust the wheelbase slightly, I run mine at about 1030ish.

Aaron.

Fletchers right Smo don't be a know it all. Revell will do vertical dropouts if you call them, just as they'll do most things if you call them and find out (eg 27.2 seat tube if you wanted Nic) There are lots of various options on the frames if you call and find out.

If you want to find something out, you cant beat the old dog and bone.

Revell's are strong frames. I've ragged my street bike silly and it's still going strong. They are a good weight and price too. You won't be disappointed especially if you're looking for a less UCI influenced frame.

James

In answer to fletches question, I dont know to be honest :sleeping: .

I had a problem with the wheel slpiing foward when i pedaled and nick manning suggested putting a mech on it to take the slack out of the chain and pushing the wheel foward so the chain tensioners held the wheel in place.

I might try and take it off and take a few links out soon maybe (N) .

Aaron.

Fletchers right Smo don't be a know it all. Revell will do vertical dropouts if you call them, just as they'll do most things if you call them and find out (eg 27.2 seat tube if you wanted Nic) There are lots of various options on the frames if you call and find out.

If you want to find something out, you cant beat the old dog and bone.

Revell's are strong frames. I've ragged my street bike silly and it's still going strong. They are a good weight and price too. You won't be disappointed especially if you're looking for a less UCI influenced frame.

James

Cheers for that James... :sleeping:

the revell frames are a nice frame , brilliant for street riding i'd say but if youre into a bit of both i'd look more along the lines of a newer design frames such as koxx/monty etc. Revell to me seem a little dated being based around the old megamos.

-Hugh

Revell will do vertical dropouts if you call them, just as they'll do most things if you call them and find out (eg 27.2 seat tube if you wanted Nic) There are lots of various options on the frames if you call and find out.

Unfortunately not on the trials frames (as far as I know), since they are made in the far east now.

Bike looks good Ian, enjoy!