Im Soooo Confused, Disk Or Magura

HargrovesToby

i no that disks can be imensely powerful but i also know that they are crap from the downhill racing i do.

crap? they're made for DH type racing, personally i use 2 M4s for DH and they're incredibly powerfull!! I'd never say a disc is crap! to be honest.

But for trials.... i opted (sp!) for a maggy on the front, purely because they're a dam sight cheaper. And your not gunna land on a disc if your front wheel misses the rail! Mines plenty powerfull enough - even with stantard pads! i was thinking of a disc, but its just the price! When i already a dam good front brake, why spend money to get one the same?

thats my view(s) anyway!

andy

:P

But for trials.... i opted (sp!) for a maggy on the front, purely because they're a dam sight cheaper. And your not gunna land on a disc if your front wheel misses the rail! Mines plenty powerfull enough - even with stantard pads! i was thinking of a disc, but its just the price! When i already a dam good front brake, why spend money to get one the same?

I know. I went from a V-Brake to a disc and had to buy new wheel, forks and the brake itself. Came to almost £250 (Minus what I sold parts for) - So not exactly cheap. I don't regret it at all though. If your wheel & forks are disc-ready, you have no excuse not to buy an avid for £50 :P