Rear Mono...

Luke Drewery

Hi, i have a rear hope mono hub, and i recently put it back together despite it being buggered so i can ride it for now (the parts still work by the way). However, i cleaned and greased the pawls, springs and cassette body and put it back together, and it worked perfectly until i tightened the quick release in the frame, then the hub wouldnt freewheel backwards. I loosened the quick release again, and it freewheeled perfectly, then tightened and it locked up. Its got something to do with the spacers on either end as when they are pushed against by something they lock the hub. Does anyone hace any ideas? please help as its frustrating me as to whats wrong...

Theres a spacer that fits between the freehub body and the bearing in the hub shell. It sounds like you forgot to put it back in.

I didnt take that bit apart, i only took the cassette body off, replaced the pawls and springs then slid it back on, i have found out the problem anyway and sorted it, the drive side spacer that you take off had rough marks on it where i had prized it off so it dug into the bearing and stopped it spinning smoothly. I filed the marks off, re-fitted it and it spins freely now. Cheers for the replys though <_<