Help With Movies

yoyoyo

Right i've got a problem because my camera only records video in quicktime form,is there any way i can change the file type to use on windows movie maker, or any other movie makers that use quicktime,

cheers

Edited by yoyoyo

So I understand more, are you wanting to edit in Windows Movie Maker? I take it thats what you meant when you said Windows Media Player?

I can't think of anything that can transform QuickTime encoding to another form as...

1) The quality would be really poor

2) If you did manage to convert the mp4 or .mov clips, it wouldnt be worth making a video cos, again, the quality would be poor.

Either way you cant win really!? Sorry to sound so harsh... but its the truth >_<

Premiere, however, supports QuickTime files... so try and find a non-legit copy, as im sure you're not willing fork out massive amounts of wonga for editing software >_<

J.

Edited by trialmedia

So I understand more, are you wanting to edit in Windows Movie Maker?  I take it thats what you meant when you said Windows Media Player?

I can't think of anything that can transform QuickTime encoding to another form as...

1)  The quality would be really poor

2)  If you did manage to convert the mp4 or .mov clips, it wouldnt be worth making a video cos, again, the quality would be poor.

Either way you cant win really!?  Sorry to sound so harsh... but its the truth >_<

Premiere, however, supports QuickTime files... so try and find a non-legit copy, as im sure you're not willing fork out massive amounts of wonga for editing software >_<

J.

ok cheers

I've just solved the same problem! 'River fast video cleaner'. Search it on google and there's a free download in the first page or something, it does it fine for me and the quality still seems the same, quick aswell, PM me if you still cant find it.

Max

Just save up and get a bog standard Mini DV camera, thats what I did

Even bog-standard miniDV starts at about £200+. Quite expensive really. He's probably just using a digital stills camera that can record in QT (like mine) - so the quality will always be pretty wank :blink:

Yea like I said before, Premiere does allow u to edit QuickTime files, its just a bit slow when you play it back if you're using RealTime Preview.

I know DV cameras are expensive, hence why I said save up, I had to and it did take a considerable amount of months :(

J.