I Need Help With A New Frame

matheprat

Right it's time for me to get a new frame, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm coming from a Pace RC250, and liked the feel of that. I'm not sure whether to go for something long and low, like a Koxx or Zoo! or the like, or to get something like a Pashley or Curtis. I never ride natural (because there isn't anything natural around here), but I want something which feels good on the back wheel.

What will be the difference in ride between the frames mentioned above? Are there any other frames you guys think I should have a look at? Any input would be appreciated!

Many thanks, Mat

If you went for long and low IE a Koxx, from a short frame I would go to the shorter 1060 versions. Another option would be getting a longer Leeson so its still cuite short but with abit more length but not quite as much as going to a Koxx. I went from a LB 1040 to a 1090 Toxsin and the difference is huge but its improved my riding alot.

If you went for long and low IE a Koxx, from a short frame I would go to the shorter 1060 versions.  Another option would be getting a longer Leeson so its still cuite short but with abit more length but not quite as much as going to a Koxx.  I went from a LB 1040 to a 1090 Toxsin and the difference is huge but its improved my riding alot.

Yeah, I would go for the shortest Koxx I could get, I don't want too much of a jump. How different do frames like a Curtis or Pashley feel to a Koxx? Especially on the back wheel? I haven't had expirience with eather, and just want to find out a bit before going and buying one or the other. Has anyone used both a short and a long frame? What was the differences between the two?

Many thanks, Mat

You'll find frames such as Koxx and Zoo's tend to be more engineered around control on the backwheel, Curtis' etc seem to be a bit heavier on the backwheel but feel much better on the street with bunnyhopping etc. I'd aim around a 1060 bike, how tall are you aswell and what bar/stem combo you looking at? These both make differences but they can be overcome.

James (N)

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm 5 foot 7.5, and on my pace I had a stem about 70 mm long, fair bit of rise, and riser bars. They can be changed if needed on a new frame. My pace felt really good on the back wheel, but it was an effort pulling it back up onto the balance point for manuals and stuff. I'm not sure I could do it with a much longer frame. I really need to measure the wheelbase I guess.

I've cracked 2 aluminium frames in about a month (one trials) so steel seemed like a good idea, but I don't want to struggle on the back wheel, or on the other hand, struggle to bunnyhop and manual on something too long.

Thanks Rich, I'll get in touch with him.

I will look into the frames people suggested, I want something pretty nice.

Many thanks, Mat

You only have to look at the likes of James Porter to see that long low frames give a better ride. He went from a Curtis to a echo pure. And although he was good on his curtis, his riding exploded, well imo, when e got his pure. He can still throw it about a bit aswell.

So I say long and low

You only have to look at the likes of James Porter to see that long low frames give a better ride. He went from a Curtis to a echo pure. And although he was good on his curtis, his riding exploded, well imo, when e got his pure. He can still throw it about a bit aswell.

So I say long and low

Hes gone even longer and lower now.