Sony Psp?

Richie

Hey,

Just looking at the sony psp's and i'm off to singapore in 2 weeks so concidering getting one if i can just wondering if i did buy one can i only play that region games, basicly whats the score i know some people already have them but seen as there from either japan or the us surely that means only region 2 etc games can be played not uk pal?

If you get a JAP one it may be region free-ish, nobody really knows yet, Sony said it was region free, the Sony rep that comes to our store said it definately locked but the publishers of the games have the choice to do it or not. Movies are all region locked as usual. Games, maybe no real answer yet until the UK games come out.

I had a JAP psp console and i had 1 JAP game and 2 US games and they all worked equally as well as each other, no problems.

I would also think the UMD movies are region free but i don't know for sure, the games deffinatly are from my experience.

Almost all articles and press releases say that are completely reagion free so surley that would include the UK?

i dont think the region has anything to do with the language, its the format of the games that can be used on it like some stupid dvd's wont play on certain dvd players because of this region crap.

get rid of all the incomaptibility issues i say!

stu :D

Its to stop pirating when games are released earlier in some countries than others... also we use PAL and everyone else uses NTSC, although mot TV's can d both now..

I say have global releases (and globally similar prices, not paying twice as much as the yanks (Y) ) and region free stuff. That will stop pre release pirating