Viz Rims

Gandalf the Yellow

i was browsing today and on www.trials-uk.co.uk i saw VIZ rims coming in smaller sizes!

perfect, as my giant don't like chunky rims 42mm+.

only problem is i current run XTR/SD7 front v brake and the site doesn't tell me whether i can run my rim brake or i have to make a switch to disc. (or its possible to grind sidewalls to work with rim brakes?)

now i also need some white rim tapes if i go for them rims, does anyone know where i can get some? or any alternatives i can use that is white?

thanks for the help guys.

steve (Y)

viz ehhhhhhhhhh

its like that shitty wannabe fake cokeacola you get for 10p at your local indian shop...WHICH they have spiked to make it even worse.

and they have a gay apollo line, which just makes the rims weak as f**k.

:P Ive had my rim for along time now, looooooads of grinds and its still fine? the line on the rim surface dont actually affected it. The try-all seems to dent easier :P with no grind aswell(N)

im still on the same pair of viz rims since about june, and ive seen plenty of people go through other branded rims since to now, i agree on the koxx rims, they do seem to dent quite easily. havent tried any rims, but too be fair the best rims about have to mavic EX721 but there just not wide enough for modern trials frames.

im still on the same pair of viz rims since about june, and ive seen plenty of people go through other branded rims since to now, i agree on the koxx rims, they do seem to dent quite easily. havent tried any rims, but too be fair the best rims about have to mavic EX721 but there just not wide enough for modern trials frames.

yea you're probably right, im running these mavics at the moment but i feel i need a slightly wider rim thats just as strong( maybe not going to happen), also good with grinds so i thought the viz will do the better jobby with the colours and eyelets and all that. tryall don't come eyeletted so why doesn;t anyone mention the onza hogs?...they're the eyeletted version of tryalls so in theory they're a bit of a stronger build.

i wish mavic did wider EX721 rim thingy ma jiggys.

anyways thanks for the help guys. appreciated.

steve :P