What Frame?

Luke Drewery

Right, I have been saving up for a new frame and I was set on the Czar Ivan, but I keep hearing too many mixed views on frames with such high bottom brackets. People say that they roll over obstacles really well and feel so easy on the backwheel and to pull up for bunnyhops. However, many people have had a high bb bike for a couple of months then switched back because they are shit for going big on, taps and sidehops are apparantly harder. Because of this I have been put off the Czar, and now would only go up to around +30mm. There doesnt seem to be much on the market that doesnt have a high bb though, what shall I do?

Ie whats your experiences of high/normal bb frames if you have had one?

Cheers, a very mixed up Luke. :closedeyes:

I am very interested in the Koxx V-racing frame (XTP R). Anyone know how much it costs from Koxx UK?

Too much, too weak.

Get the Czar.

The high bb frames are still good for going big on, if not bigger. It's down to personal preference, bar/stem, and technique.

Too much, too weak.

Get the Czar.

The high bb frames are still good for going big on, if not bigger. It's down to personal preference, bar/stem, and technique.

Tes but I am perhaps beginning to think that the shock of going from a t rex with no bb rise to a Czar with 20mm more wheelbase and 60mm bb rise will be too much of a shock to do my riding any good. The XTP R has 40mm rise so I have heard, and Im not a heavy rider so I doubt Id break it. The only issue is the price, all the other koxx frames are very much overpriced!

Tes but I am perhaps beginning to think that the shock of going from a t rex with no bb rise to a Czar with 20mm more wheelbase and 60mm bb rise will be too much of a shock to do my riding any good. The XTP R has 40mm rise so I have heard, and Im not a heavy rider so I doubt Id break it. The only issue is the price, all the other koxx frames are very much overpriced!

Go for something with less rise then?

Still reckon the Koxx will be too weak, and around the £700 mark.

Is it even released yet?

Echo control?

Onza Limey?

Echo control has 20+bb.........get it

I think that was the old un? New un has 10mm+ i think?

But you could always for for the Limey. Light, less bb then Czar, just as long, plus you can get it cheaper by sending your old t-rex back, under the half price replacement.

I went from a koxx 1065 level boss to an adamant A1. The extra lenght is no differnt in terms of feel due to the bb rise but you still get all of the advantages of a bigger wheel base. I have found my riding has progressed scince getting the frame and will get even better once i am fully used to it. My side hops have got bigger and more consistant i have alot better balance and control on the bike and can wheel swap loads higher. My taps are the only thing that has sufferd but i think i will get them back with time.

If you search adamant bike topics you will find a topic on them and i put a reveiw in there :closedeyes:

Hope it helped Gavin