Hope Mono Trial Pistons Problem

Ali Courtney

On my Hope Mono Trial I have followed instructions from various posts but still both pistons continue to stick. So far I have tried:

Holding one piston with a tyre lever then pressing the lever to move the pistons out

I have also tried re lubing the pistons but this also didnt really help - advice giving by Hope.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as I really need to get the brake in full working order again.

Ali

GT85 works best... mine started sticking again though after about a month.

the mono trial is so poor, i hate the things now. they seem so tempremental and that is the worst thing in a brake.

i have sacked mine off and brought myself a 203 avid, put it on yesturday and it was working better than my hope ever did 10mins from when i started bedding it in.

they really need to sort the piston problem out then maybe they will have a allright brake.

GT85 works best... mine started sticking again though after about a month.

the mono trial is so poor, i hate the things now. they seem so tempremental and that is the worst thing in a brake.

i have sacked mine off and brought myself a 203 avid, put it on yesturday and it was working better than my hope ever did 10mins from when i started bedding it in.

they really need to sort the piston problem out then maybe they will have a allright brake.

I know the feeling! I'm hoping to get it fixed and then sell it to fund a 203mm juicy seven or another brake.

Thanks for the help anyways,

Cheers

Ali

its not really a piston problem its a "heat" problem the brake is that powerful and causes so much heat that it dries the pistons out. if your really really struggling with it send it to hope and they can do it for you. but un seizing a piston can be tough took 2 of us at my work to un seize one of mine, one holding a screw driver against the piston and one pulling leve ron it was that tight the piston you was holding ALWAYS pushed out, so the other side was extremly seized :P but we got it out in the end. it could be a 2 man job, but take care when your doing it.

Waynio........................