Grating Freewheel

Euro Braker

What do you mean by grating? My friend uses one and he would always unthread the back and check the ball bearings. Often the ball bearings would fall out of place. Thread the face plate back on and he was good to go.

Dallas

the bearings shouldnt fall out of place if the freewheel was tight, and if he still had them 3 thin washers inside to keep them in order...

Look in my siggy and learn away :)

(grease first though :P )

i think i may have the same problem as you, does it do it when your crank is in a certain position when your riding.

also do the insides of an acs claw freewheel have bearings all the way around the inside bit or mite a couple of mine fallen out as my lockring was loose.

sam

I had this problem ages ago, i thought it was my bearings,but check that the tabs on the acs are not rubbing on b/b shell. This happended to me even when i was running 127.5 b/b.

Pulling apart freewheels is a pain to be honest, ACS arent pricey, might be worth just gettin a new one, or go PROFILE click click lol.

cheers

wilky