Wireless Broad Band

Swindon rider

You can get it, but its basically like a dail up connection speed i think. The wireless you have on your laptop will be for connecting to a router/access point.

Search on google for a vodaphone mobile connect card (i think thats what it is), u plug it into your laptop pcmcia/cardbus slot and you put your sim card in and connect through that. I think its quite expensive though.

I think usually you can get GPRS, which is quite slow, and that new 3g thing which is alot faster.

Heres what you need, i think, click.

I'm pretty sure you can also set up a bluetooth connection to your phone and use the GPRS off that to get internet. But it's rediculously expensive, something like 3mb = 1pound.

Just go outside the place and look for a signal you can pick up on your wireless :P

Yeah, if you could find a hotspot that has not been encrypted/secured (most residential areas have quite a few) then you can connect to their wireless network and use the shared internet connection on that network. Essentially, you are using their broadband.

I choose not to, but if i wanted to i can connect wirelessly to someone around here's wireless network and use their internet. Probably should download my music through theirs in case the feds come ;)

But yeah the alternative is bluetooth to your phone and gprs, which having used quite a bit, I can say isnt that slow for browsing, but just don't try and download anything. It's really easy to set up too. the cost varies, but I THINK (not 100%) that t-mobile and orange are going to be doing flat-rate tarrifs for gprs, so in other words like your home internet you get charged the same every month as opposed to for how much you use it.

Mark