Help

tom tom

i brought a profile mini cassette hub in january for my python, it has been working fine until wednesday, it was making a weird noise so i opened it to find that the pawls had cut into one of the ratchet teeth and pulled it up vertically, at first i thought it was part of a pawl or spring (as i didn't know at the time) so i tapped it and it fell off, i continued to look at it and now part of the tooth is completely missing, has this happened to anyone before, what should i do?

a very sad tom tom

Have you removed it complelty? In all honesty you probably should send it back to profile europe:

Profile Europe:

E-mail: info@profileeurope.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 23 8045 8328

Postal Address:

Profile Racing Europe

PO BOX 257

Sarisbury

England

SO31 4WE

I'd contact them first to see if they'll do anything for you, if not, you may have to replace the ratchet ring or file it so that it is compleltly removed and the hub stil works, just with one less engagement point. But make sure you conact Profile FIRST

Postal Address:

Profile Racing Europe

PO BOX 257

Sarisbury

England

SO31 4WE

I'd contact them first to see if they'll do anything for you, if not, you may have to replace the ratchet ring or file it so that it is compleltly removed and the hub stil works, just with one less engagement point. But make sure you conact Profile FIRST

tom tom read the postcode

you could walk to the place instead of fannying around trying to explain them what the problem is.

sam

tom tom read the postcode

you could walk to the place instead of fannying around trying to explain them what the problem is.

sam

its in hamble accross the water, which is cool but they dont deal directly to riders, as in on the door aparently the guy i spoke to said hes heading into fareham today he said he might come past and pick it up even though hes not working which will be cool (Y)

Profile are an awsome company (Y)

I totally knackered my ratchet after a year and they sorted me out. It worked out to be about £37 for a new hub shell and ratchet with all my old internals with next day delivery up to Tarty to get built up. If the hub has been ridden for even a couple of months its unlikely Profile will be able to remove the knackered ratchet from the hub. I should imagine the force put through the hub by trials gets the ratchet done up stupidly tight as well!

If people want pictures of my knackered ratchet I can post some, but it really isnt that interesting :P