"trying" To Learn Front Hooks

trialsguru

front hooks are puzzeling me greatly! basically ive been trying them on a sea wall which isnt quite vertical, its about 4.5/5ft which i surpose is just about the right height for learning? i can hook my front wheel over no problem but i really cant seem to carry my momentum through to move my bike up anywhere near the top! i know its my technique thats stopping me but i just need to know whats the right way to go about it.

do i leave my back brake off?

does the rear wheel need to hit the wall before the front hooks the top?

where should my body weight be when i first hook the wall and how do i push through to flick the bike up?

any help welcome please!

i say buy a mini trampoline and just carry it around everywhere... (Y)

God that walls a b*****d, was getting well proper upset but got the shitbag in the end.... <_< well both rinse it next time, thee concrete shall not wineth!

Have a look at damons new vid, theres 2 angles of a hook. Your weight needs to be as high and over the bars as possible when you hit the wall with both wheels at the same time.

You need to try to jump and get the 'over the bars' possition before you hit the wall, once you hit you will feel the bike continue up by itself if you have the body position right.

All you need to do is push down on the bars at the point of contact and lift the bike through, a bit like a tap at the end body position wise.

Hope that helps a little bit, its best to ride with someone who can do it so you can watch again and again and again :)

In my very limited experience (ie I've pulled about 4 on piles of pallettes and they weren't exactly tidy) I found that hitting the b*****d thing as hard as possible was the best way to get up.

Basically, ride at full tilt, bunnyhop at the appropriate moment, smack into it really hard and hurl yourself over the bars. With any luck, the back tyre should bounce the bike up with you - without luck you go face first over the bars and have to start again.

This is all on mod so technique for stocks may differ....

for height, something you can't bunnyhop up would be a good start - it lessens the chances of accidentally upping it. (Y)

Edited by poopipe

hit it as fast as possible both wheels hit the wall at same time and when your wheels land on the wall you want your thighs to be at the bars. if you do it all right itll come to you within a few attempts

ill upload a clip later

Edited by Gaz M