Bikes For Begginers

ecko_joe

i am a begginer and would like to get into trials, could anyone give me any information on what bike to get as i am not to experienced with it at all. my friend has got a onza t-pro but i think that bike is too good for begginers and have been told that something like a mission prodigy is just the thing.

if you don't want the t-pro due to the fact that you think its too good for begginers then id reccomend a onza t-bird because for 330 pounds you cant go wrong and i'm sure you can pick up a second-hand one for allot cheaper

my brother has had his t-bird for a year now and hes progressed so much on just that wich shows even when you get better on the bike its still a decent bike to ride

or if your on a even tighter budget then go for a onza t-vee the only main difference is the t-vee has vee brakes wich isn't really that big of a problem, it all comes down to what budget you have.

hope ive helped :)

........GAZ........

Edited by GAZ T

if you dont want the t-pro due to the fact that you think its too good for begginers then id reccomend a onza t-bird because for 330 pounds you cant go wrong and im sure you can pick up a second-hand one for alot cheaper

my brother has had his t-bird for a year now and hes progressed so much on just that wich shows even when you get better on the bike its still a decent bike to ride

or if your on a even tighter budget then go for a onza t-vee the only main difference is the t-vee has vee brakes wich isnt realy that big of a problem, it all comes down to what budget you have.

ope ive helped :)

........GAZ........

cheers, it has helped, i only have one friend that does trials and he has just started so it helps quite a lot, do you know where i can get them seccond hand because i have looked on ebay and there are only a couple. thanks

:)Joe:)

cheers, it has helped, i only have one friend that does trials and he has just started so it helps quite a lot, do you know where i can get them seccond hand because i have looked on ebay and there are only a couple. thanks

:)Joe:)

if you look on the for sale/ wanted section of trials forum i'm sure you should be able to find something in your budget, or if you can check out some bike stores because i know that my local bike store buys second hand trials allot

............GAZ..........

if you look on the for sale/ wanted section of trials forum i'm sure you should be able to find something in your budget, or if you can check out some bike stores because i know that my local bike store buys second hand trials allot

............GAZ..........

Good idea but i live in poole dorset and there are none in my area. shame really but i will look on the for sale/wanted section. cheers

Joe :)

No the onza t-pro isn't too good for beginners, its the perfect bike for beginners, as it will last when you start getting better, Look at some of tom amesbury's video's on his t-pro. He did have 3 frames lol, but just look at how good he was on an onza t pro. So the t pro lasted him a while. I'd say no to a mission prodigy, as its known that the parts are made of cheese and just die alot of the time. What your best off doing is searching ebay and the forum obviously for a second hand t-pro. (Y)

Hey,

I wouldn't worry too much about what particular make and model of bike you get. I'd say get what is cheap and available and not to bother too much about frame sizes etc. As long as the bike is remotely "trialsy" its going to be okay to start riding on. A lot of people start on their standard non-trials bike and get a long way on that without having to fork out money on a trials specific bike and then realise they're bored of trials.

So I say get any low framed hardtail you can and practice loads and then you can get a super expensive steed and be confident that you know exactly what you want from the bike! (Y)

You cant go wrong with a second hand t-pro there really nice to ride and you can pick a second hand one up for nothink now. Also a t-pro would last you :-

Once you get better you can upgrade, i started off with a t-bird but soon brought a new t-pro frame off ebay for 80 :P workes a treat

trust me t-pro (Y)

Mat

Be original and get the t-bird. Well, maybe not but they are still great starter bikes (Y)

You cant really go wrong for £60-£80.

(Y)

f**in hell m8 tlk a bout jump in at the deep end gd on u m8 (Y)

You may be new here but that is no excuse for typing like a dick.

Edited by adamtrials

hey,

what type of trials bike's do you like mod 20" or stock 26" i ride stock,. it depsends on if you like to ride 20" or 26" :D the best place to prates stuff is in like your street and that like try and get up the curbs and that n try to skippy and back weel and back hops m8 (Y)

Personally i'd go for a t-bird because there are cheap, great to learn on and look pretty tasty for a beginner bike too, it also depends on how tall you are wether you want to ride 20" or 26"? and what geometry suites you. take your time in choosing and dont go rushing into anything, have a think about it then make a decision. :)

Adam. (Y)

I'm going to have to go with the onza t-bird its a great bike for beginners really sets you up nicely. I started on a t-bird along with a few others and we all loved it really helped us get going and settle in to trials. T-pro is also a really good bike, but its not up to anyone else its your choice.

Oz

Hi,

I bought a second hand T-Pro off ebay and it was a bit knackered and I didn't really like it. I sold it and bought a second hand zoo python and the difference was amazing. I have to sell that now, its on ebay at the minute because I also have a stock, but it seems its harder to find decent second hand stock bikes cheap. My mate has the Onza T-Mag and I think thats a lot better than the T-Pro, his was £200 on ebay. It doesn't matter too much though as you'll probably smash up your first bike anyway...

Ive just started on here and I cant start a new thread so here goes. about 5 month ago I bought a new da bomb pro team magura and ive had loads of trouble with the crank arms which I replaced and ive had problems with them also they keep coming loose even though i have tightened the bolts on well and used threadguard to secure them but they still manage to come undone. I havnt been ridin very long and this bike is keepin me from doin so. Im gonna strip the frame down to the bare bones and hopefully sell 2 raise a bit of cash 2wards a better frame. how much roughly would it be worth? its in pretty googd condition with a few small scratches here and there but overall very tidy. :huh:

Ive just started on here and I cant start a new thread so here goes. about 5 month ago I bought a new da bomb pro team magura and ive had loads of trouble with the crank arms which I replaced and ive had problems with them also they keep coming loose even though i have tightened the bolts on well and used threadguard to secure them but they still manage to come undone. I havnt been ridin very long and this bike is keepin me from doin so. Im gonna strip the frame down to the bare bones and hopefully sell 2 raise a bit of cash 2wards a better frame. how much roughly would it be worth? its in pretty googd condition with a few small scratches here and there but overall very tidy. :huh:

:huh::huh::huh:

Krel why did you copy that 5 times in the same post?

just do what every uthe rfuker does nd ride someones mum, im sure u will pick up a cheap one. u dickhead.

Seriously man what is your point? Your just on here to cause trouble :angry:

He's already been reported so he'l be banned soon (Y)

Edited by trials_noob