Onza T-pro And Snail Cam Tensioners?

thowmas

I've got a '06 onza t-pro...but the onza chain tugs pretty much suck...! keep snapping/bending etc etc...

so the other day i bought myself some monty snail cam tensioners, but the little screws that are meant to screw into the frame dont fit...plus the actual snail cams look too small to have any effect on tensioning the chain..

any idea what tensioners might work the best?? or if i can get any snail cams to work, as i've heard they're not bad on a mod with horizontal dropouts

chain chugs are your best idea, are you sure you have them fitted in the slots properly? and i havent owned a tpro before but im guessing it just depends on what rear wheel you have, so im guessing you can have them.. can i see a pic of your chain chug setup, because you may be doing something wrong there...

chain chugs are your best idea, are you sure you have them fitted in the slots properly? and i havent owned a tpro before but im guessing it just depends on what rear wheel you have, so im guessing you can have them.. can i see a pic of your chain chug setup, because you may be doing something wrong there...

Yep i'm pretty sure i had them set up correctly; they fitted in the slots of the dropouts fine, but the thing is with the onza chain tugs is that they're not all that strong, so they've just ended up completley bending from the stress on them....on 1 of them, the things that fit into the slots on the frame have started snapping off!

i'll take a pic and post it up here anyway...but at the moment the tensioners are pretty much mullered haha

but yeah cool, maybe a decent set of chain tugs are the way forwards

cheers man

It can be done, you may need to get some bolts to go into the holes next to the horizontal dropout to allow the cam to grip onto something, but you may already have the bolts in there.

abe

yeah cool, thats what i thought, but the bolts that came with the monty snail cams dont fit in those holes next to the dropout (theyre too big...). and have no idea where i can get some that might fit the t-pro frame! any idea if theyre the same sized holes as any other frames? as onza dont make snail cams as far as i know...damn them!

haha ive just brought some monty snail cams for my tpro! danm

ahhh damn!

looks like they wont fit mate :(

well mine didnt anyway, bought them from tarty bikes last week...

the holes next to the dropouts on the tpro are quite far away from the axle too, and the monty cams seem quite small, so looks like they wouldnt do too much tensioning anyway on a tpro :(

if you get them to work though, let me know mate! or if u find some bolts that fit in the frame!!

ahhh damn!

looks like they wont fit mate :(

well mine didnt anyway, bought them from tarty bikes last week...

the holes next to the dropouts on the tpro are quite far away from the axle too, and the monty cams seem quite small, so looks like they wouldnt do too much tensioning anyway on a tpro :(

if you get them to work though, let me know mate! or if u find some bolts that fit in the frame!!

nope they dont fit (N) i phoned tarty up and they said just send them back..they also sed the try all ones should fit so they are sending my them. if the try all ones fit il let you know (Y)

nope they dont fit (N) i phoned tarty up and they said just send them back..they also sed the try all ones should fit so they are sending my them. if the try all ones fit il let you know (Y)

ahh sweet! yeah i think i might do the same then, and ring them up, send them back, because i only got them last week..so should be fine

yeah man cool if the try all ones work let me kno and i mite invest in some of them instead!