Movie Maker Help

matthewholdsworth

ok heres the problem...i'm importing a song in mp3 format into this basic video editting software, windows movie maker, yet when i drag and drop the music into the tool bar for the vid it crashes, ive tried loads of songs and only 1 works, anyone know why this may be? the song plays fine when it is in the "collections" bit problems only occur when i try put it in the "movie"

ive tried putting clips into vid first and then song, putting the song in first, cutting the song into little bits it all does the same, the wonderful error report message box come up, its gettins annoying now so i think ill be handing it over to the techonlogically sound people on here

help please.....

useful info, but i already tried that, ive just switched all footage from pc to my laptop and its working fine on this one, and im transferring from a cd at same time, also its not as powerful comp as my pc

temperamental i think, if anyone can be more specific i would be grateful, merci

Recompress the mp3. If there is a single byte of erroneous data, without any error correction it would crash the decoder, which is probably what's happening here.

Actually, just decompress it first.

Use sound recorder (start-->programs-->accessories-->entertainment (maybe)-->sound recorder) to open it up and then press file-->properties, change it to WAV and then press convert now then save as.

Edited by Extreme_biker0