Back Yard Trials

Muel

My Mum and Dad have granted me permission to build a trials area on this piece of land behind my house. So i have already got a large reel, about 4 foot diameter amd 2 foot deep.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done anything like this, and if you have any advice, especially on things like how to stop it rotting away...

I will be getting as many pallets as I want soon as well so I was wondering whether having them in stacks or on slants to try, any ideas helpful.

Cheers!

Yeh, I used to build jumps before getting into trials, and it wasn't like poeple were just riding over it and knocking them down that way, this gang of chavs were walking down every day and pick axeing them. Mind you we all waited for them one day, it was these two dicks in the year below us. So we hid in the bushes until they came and then we chased them off! They didn't come back but then I worked out that trying to ride trials on a scott yz0 doesn't work, havn't been back there yet! :D

Was it creosote that you were thinking of?

Any Other Ideas?

Pics would be useful or links to stuff to give me some ideas.

EDIT: Just thought, what about pics from shows? (or links), then I could try and copy some of their lines, only smaller...

PALETS WILL ALWAYS GET WET I THINK WOTEVA YOU DO JST GET A BIG SHHET TO COVER THEM OVA OR NAIL DOWN SUM ROOFING FELT ON THE EDGES SO THEYRE NOT SO SLIPPY THATS WHAT THE SOUTH WEST MOTOR CLUB DID AT THEIR LAST TRIAL IT AND WORKD QUITE WELL!

i have a north shore trail and i found that using anti slip paint is good if you want to use stuff during or after bad weather. protecta-kote make some, but i think you can get the same effect by using outdoor paint mixed with sand. hope you find that useful (but you might not).

also, north shore style trials obstacle are cool if you have the time

Edited by sno_man517