Maggie Problem

Alex-Mitchinson

Ive got a fairly new pair of HS33's with citrus pads and when i pull the brake in the pads don't come back to the slave cylinder. This happens mainly on the rear and sometimes on the front.

I have got a light grind with a bit of tar.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how i can stop it?

Any help would be great!!

Cheers, Alex.

You probably have too much tar on your rim. Whenever i put on tar i try to use as little as possible because i know if i put too much on then my pads will stick. Your best bet is to try and clean the rim a bit with a rag and try to get most of the tar off and then try out your brakes. You should just find then that your pads spring back but seeing that you say your brakes are new, the problem probably wont be that you have lazy pistons. Edited by RazzyOnza

i had the same problem mate , its turns out my slave cylinders were slightly seized but that was because i hadnt used them in a while , i don't know why yours have done this as yours are new , try when appliing the brake with the lever , put some oil on the part that the pad clips onto. this is so the slave cylinders can move freely , then re-bleed the brake in case theres air in the system.

hope this helps , Nile

You probably have too much tar on your rim. Whenever i put on tar i try to use as little as possible because i know if i put too much on then my pads will stick. Your best bet is to try and clean the rim a bit with a rag and try to get most of the tar off and then try out your brakes. You should just find then that your pads spring back but seeing that you say your brakes are new, the problem probably wont be that you have lazy pistons.

he said he has tried with no tar, so 'the problem probably wont be that' the pads are sticking to tar. tit

Read this its Dan6061s brilliant guide to sorting out lazy pistons. If lazy pistons is your problem then this will definately help, although i will be suprised to find you have lazy pistons if you brakes are quite new.

Hope this helps (Y)

EDIT:

he said he has tried with no tar, so 'the problem probably wont be that' the pads are sticking to tar. tit

I know that, but he submitted that post as i was writing my post so i didnt know.

Edited by RazzyOnza

reet, if its not the tar and your brakes are new them you could have closed the tubing a bit. look at where the hosing goes into your lever, there should be a plastic thing around the hosing to cover the bolt bit, pull that down the hosing so you can see where it goes into the lever, is the hosing completely round all the way?? or does it look like its been squashed??if it is squashed then you need to cut that bit off and re-attach and bleed the maggy. ill try and put some pics up to show what i mean...

Edited by aim@me

its when you twist the bars too far and the hosing twists, youll need a new olive to re-attach the hose itf thats the prob. basically your brake will be slow because you have plenty of power to push the liquid through but the springs find it hard to bring the liquid back through the more narrow part (squashed part), hense why its slow. ill get some pics of my mates as thats what happened to his today. have fun...lol