Tar?

just rub it on your rim until there is a small black line round the centre of your rim put little on at a time because to much will make your pads stick to your rim i use tar with standered pads and it workd wonders(Y)

sean

Yeah put about 3 lines around the rim , about 10 cm long. In the wet tar is useless.

I have disks, but my girlfriend has a maggie. I want to make her brake bite better for her. However, whenever I go to the building supply store and ask for tar, all I am offered are buckets of liquid sludge. Do I get that and then let it dry out, or is there another kind I should ask for?

I have disks, but my girlfriend has a maggie. I want to make her brake bite better for her. However, whenever I go to the building supply store and ask for tar, all I am offered are buckets of liquid sludge. Do I get that and then let it dry out, or is there another kind I should ask for?

Thats what you want, just put a super fine coating on the rim, and i mean FINE! Too much will cause you all sorts of problems! As said above, less is more!

Personally I wouldnt use it, just get some decent pads and perhaps a grind!

Be warned if you havnt tried it before, you lose all "modulation" (if thats the word) of your brakes, they become more "on off" which for a new rider (if you are... i am!) is absolutely horrible!