Police Info

Hendrix

Can you link to anything to corroborate that though? So far this page has been linked to and it makes no mention about wheel size.

That's the only site i could find that was helpful about cycling law. I admit there is nothing referring to wheel size, though it does mention that the only way to avoid a fine is if your under the age of 16. A few years ago i did find a site that stated that if the wheel size was under 20" then that was fine, but i guess the law has changed.

I do recommend that everyone that read's this topic should check out Bike for all there are some interesting points and facts on the site.

I think I'm alright about riding on the pavement where I need to - the only time I will be doing it is riding to and from uni, where there is a massive road that is both busy and dangerous. I think it will be clear to any coppers that I'm riding on the pavement because it's safer for everyone. Besides, there are dozens of cyclists on that pavement every day.

I haven't read all of the replies but if a police officer was to pull you over/fine you for riding (just riding not doing any moves or anything). Regardless of the fact the police officers knowledge of the highway code is going to be low to none, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're going to have to have a f**king pretty big knowledge of the highway code to rattle your way out of it.

Even then, I can't imagine it going down in court..