Gu Hub Problem

onzat-comp

Hi

I took my gu hub out the other night to clean it all went well but, i thought my spacer for the drive side was a little loose so i tryed to squash it together and it went a little egg shaped. I got it the best i could and it goes on and off but is a little stiff, Anyway i then put my back wheel in and set up the cams and tention but when i tighten the back wheel the cranks go really stiff. I normally set my tention to this level but it never goes that stiff.

i don't know if a bearing has seized but i can order those, i just need to know if tarty or select or any other company can supply spacer. the spacer is the same in GU ,ZOO and ECHO freehubs.However i have a freewheel and a freehub at the moment :ermm: but have money for a fixed cog could that be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rick

PS: This is what the spacer looks like in case anyone dosen't know. Sorry for the bad picture its all i could get. :$

gufreehubge5.th.jpg

Hi

I took my gu hub out the other night to clean it all went well but, i thought my spacer for the drive side was a little loose so i tryed to squash it together and it went a little egg shaped. I got it the best i could and it goes on and off but is a little stiff, Anyway i then put my back wheel in and set up the cams and tention but when i tighten the back wheel the cranks go really stiff. I normally set my tention to this level but it never goes that stiff.

i don't know if a bearing has seized but i can order those, i just need to know if tarty or select or any other company can supply spacer. the spacer is the same in GU ,ZOO and ECHO freehubs.However i have a freewheel and a freehub at the moment :ermm: but have money for a fixed cog could that be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rick

PS: This is what the spacer looks like in case anyone dosen't know. Sorry for the bad picture its all i could get. :$

gufreehubge5.th.jpg

you are running them both on the bike!?!

Well the fact your runing a freehub and freewheel won't make anything stiff just make it feel like theres less pickups. Dont no much about the deng hubs and the insides and the spacers used ect so cant help you there.

ahhhhhhhhh so your the rick that was at phills house :)

was waiting in wath for 45mins to go riding! naughty!

anyways like i said to phill, the washer or spacer your explaing could be the problem. With you forcing it in could be forcing it to far into the hub, when the hub and cams are conpressed against the frame with tightening the bolts causeing it to sorta lock up?

just a teory as ive never had 1 apart and have a good look :<

Edited by Echo_Scotty