What Pads Should I Get?

mr joe

I need some new pads for the rear but because there is such a wide selection of pads i am not sure what to get. I am using plazmatics right now and they were good but i want a change. Need some pads that grip to a rim realy good with a grind without the need of tar and will not slip. I was going towards buying koxx bloxks or rim jams. But i am not sure

All coments will be helpfull :)

joe

Well we don't know if your running a grind or smooth and wether you're using tar so its hard to say... If you're running a grind I suggest some rimjam V3s, theyre great value for money. Heres what tarty say about them:

- RimJam have been out of the brake pad market for well over a year now, but this time has been spent developing and tweaking their original designs... the result is totally new brake pad!

- New powder coated alloy backings with unique shape allow better gluing area than standard aluminium backings.

- This revolutionary shape also gives more contact surface on the brake cylinders resulting in less pad wobble and reducing rounding effects.

- The nature of metal backings makes them much more stiff than plastic, giving a much firmer lever feel and great feedback from the brake system.

- O-Ring clip feature holds the backings in place, but still allows it to move slightly to prevent added stress on the brake cylinder... this also results in a great sharp-sounding brake!

- Totally new pad compound designed for ground rims offers sharp bite with aggressive hold.

- 7.5mm of pad material offers great wear life.

- 3mm backing recess coupled with Loctite glue specially formulated for use with these two materials ensures excellent adhesion.

- Sold as a pair (two individual pads).

If you're not running a grind either get one :-p or buy some zoo! pads, great for a smooth rim. Heres tarty's comments on the zoo! pads:

- Back by popular demand... ZOO! brake pads!

- Designed for use on smooth rims, but can be used on light grinds for maximum performance (obviously this will decrease the life of the pad).

- Bright green colour really stands out and matches all the ZOO! parts and graphics.

- Assembled into brand new Power Pad backings for peace of mind.

You should really use the search though matey.

there is loads of topics like this one matey, should have used the search. but i strongly reccomend rock blue's

yep i with this guy they are really good with tar and smooth rim and just as good with grind

Just need to run them on a light grind (Y)

Thanks for all the advise for the pads i should get. :D I think i will be getting some blue rock pads because they sound like they work on any kind of rim, smooth, grind ect. This is because most of the time i have grinds but sometimes i use tar.

Cheers Joe