Headset/fork Movement

sUm

So while out riding I noticed my fork was moving back and forth in my headset, like it would if the topcap wasn't tight enough. So I went at it and I feel like I've tightened it as much as I can without breaking bearings, and it's still moving. I'm worried the headtube may have ovalized and/or the headset cups are bent. Before I assume this is the case, does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I'm running a Zoo Pitbull '07 with a FSA Pig headset if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

if you think you have tightened you head cap bolt in a far as possible it may be that your top cap as bottomed out. the reason for this is because when cutting your steerer tube to the right length you have to cut 2 or 3mm shorter than your measurments say. this is because the top cap is stepped and it needs to sit snug into the stem and rest on the top of the steerer tube.

thanks

Anodised Adamant, if you come to Ottawa sometime let me know so I can buy you a beer :P. I could have sworn I left enough spacers on to cover what you mentioned, but for some reason I didn't even think of throwing another on there. Thanks!