The Effects Of

JackF

what would happen to the ride of my bike if i bought new stem and bars??

The only reason i am asking is that i like the ride of my bike but new stem and bars are in order

At The Moment i run the standard 07 onza t-pro bars and stem on a standard t-pro

BUT

i am going to buy new bars and stem and wondering how much of an effect would a echo team stem and either GU flat bars or echo low rise will effect the ride?

thanks

Jack.

Well i can't comment on that setup but i am running a try-all stem and zoo! bars and it has changed the ride slightly because the front end is lower and bars are longer. It really helped me because i have been riding much better since i made the change, it just makes me pull the bike up more vertical when on the back wheel. Before i got these i was just running the onza bars and stem. Hope thsi helps you even though its not the same setup as you are getting. (Y)

It normally effects how light the front end is, because standard onza bars and stems are very heavy compared to what I upgraded to, soon as you upgrade you will notice a change and wider bars would make it easier to do some trials moves as it gives better leverage. I went from standard onza t-vee bar and stem to a Try-all yourself replica and try-all stem and felt a change in my riding. Definitly upgrade!

i finaly got rid of my saracen m.a.d bars last month and replaced them with some simtra bars ,i noticed that lifting the front wheel whilst rolling along (to bunny hop ) was a lot harder than before but when the bike was on the back wheel i had more control and it was lush.

steve

I think people who say they can feel the weight difference are talking shit. Different angle and rises etc make loads of difference (and might make the bike FEEL lighter because of the different position) but I'd be very impressed if someone could notice a saving of ~100g (if that) on a 12kg bike (that's less than 1%).

But to answer the question - Yes, getting the right bar and stem will transform the ride - it's easily the best way to make a difference.