Bye Bye Monty

trialsalot

hey every one,

just made the change from my 07 221ti to my new bling bling steed. went together pretty well and its good to go back to mags again.just a bit low on the front though.

sorry about the bottom right of the pic being chopped off but i cant eat a bacon sarnie and edit at the same time :lol:

comments welcome

craig

post-5985-1180791841_thumb.jpg

i think the bb is 10 mm more so im feeling a bit low on it and not very responsive as a result.hopefully get some new forks and a new stem soon. the monty fork and stem combo is a pain in the arse because you're screwed if you change bikes,want to keep that set up but cant because theyre quite low anyways.i had to take spacers out jus to use them.

montys handle soooo well but you can get used to any bike really.

craig

You know I was going to ask if the bb was a bit higher hence it feeling lower....(finally getting the hang of geometry!!) what about just a new set of forks and a few stackers?? you can run that stem with any forks all you gotta do is cut a sloped steerer......

cheers for the comments so far people.

craig

yeah, thats a plan jake.it is just the pain in the bum to get the angle right on the steerer. definately a cheaper idea thats for sure.

craig

Edited by trialsalot

cheers for the comments so far people.

craig

yeah, thats a plan jake.it is just the pain in the bum to get the angle right on the steerer. definately a cheaper idea thats for sure.

craig

You do use a grinder to cut your steerer yeh? stick you stem onto the forks, a few mm lower than you want it to be, draw a line round the top and cut away! Did exactley that with my echo lite's, except I just did it by fitting, taking a little off, checking and so on...... but yeh, entirley do-able and much easier with a grinder rather than a hacksaw...... saves you a bit of money and keeps 'er looking great!

Looking forward to you next vid.

you dont even have to cut the steerer, just used the sloped top cap and make sure theres enough clearance

yeh but then you end up with half your stem not having steerer in it. The way I describe is safer as you won't put as much stress on the stem.

You know I was going to ask if the bb was a bit higher hence it feeling lower....(finally getting the hang of geometry!!) what about just a new set of forks and a few stackers?? you can run that stem with any forks all you gotta do is cut a sloped steerer......

You dont even need to do that really, i did it first time, then 2nd i didnt bother, works the same, my mates who have sloped stem caps havent done theres at and angle either, be reyt :D .

didnt read calebs post, sorry.

Mat

Edited by Mat Smith

hey every one,

just made the change from my 07 221ti to my new bling bling steed. went together pretty well and its good to go back to mags again.just a bit low on the front though.

sorry about the bottom right of the pic being chopped off but i cant eat a bacon sarnie and edit at the same time :lol:

comments welcome

craig

very nice mate just got rid of my monty but for an echo team

post-7385-1180848583_thumb.jpg