170mm Cranks On Mod?

rudirudirudirudirudi

i was wondering what 170mm cranks on mod would feel like. i guess it would be easier but would it mean that if you kicked it would get erm..... god im so confused. ok could i have an explanation on what things are made easier like pedal ups or something.just so i can sort of understand what it would be like.

the reason im asking is because i need a bash ring for my new frame and i dont know if i could get one on my echo forged cranks and was thinking that i may be have to change cranks.....

i hope you can understand this. im so confused at the mo lol.

Edited by rudoxolty

Rafal Kumorowski (world's vice-champion in 2006) has always been running 175mm cranks on mod. Shouldn't be bad to try it. I have just switched from monty 158mm to machined Lx octalink (arms are only 400g) 175mm ones. Can't say anything yet as I will ride only this thursday.

Edited by zordon

My mate had some 175mm cranks on his mod, they didn't feel any different to my 160s appart from an easier gear. I have just bought them from him but haven't yet fitted them so I don't know what they will be like for me.

CJ.. (Y)