Foam Grips?

Rubb3r

I have ridden the foam and rubber montys, they are crap.

The foams are to thin and make your hands hurt and rip wthout needing you to fall off.

The rubbers are not rubber, they are plastic and harder than if you just held onto the bar itself.

Go for the new Tarty grips, super soft, £5 AND you get entered into the best comp the trials scene has known for a while.

i think foam ones are for people with smaller hands as you can get more wraps round of your fingers. i had problem with middle fingers (had big grips) then i tried monty foam and they worked wonders. dont last long though, although i clench the bars like a matter of life or death

Grips are a matter of personal preferance.

I have used monty foams in the past and really likd them. The only problem is they are not very durable and would need chaning every few weeks if you were riding every day.

Im now using roadie bar tape which is just as thiner, offer's less shock absorbtion but still feel very good

I have just got some of the tarty raffle grips soft compound very nice (but i realy did need some grips not jus cause of comp that just edged me to them), feels like your holding the bar there that thin its amazing, but foam grips are nice, just bed them in a bit there beautiful but they break up real easy and they you have to replace them often for comfort reasons in my opinion, but i world go for the raffle grips not just because if the comp but they actually do feel realy nice but go for soft, o wait i did get them :P , but if your going to get the foam grips just get ones from halfords there just as good.

Foam grips are amazing, i had ODI ruffians before i got my Foam ones (don't ask me what they are called). They are actually the sex, they feel so comfortable on my hands, and are such a relief to previous grips! I also find them to be a lot better in summer, as they hold better, though every grip has a point where it becomes too sweaty. Also foam grips wear down a lot quicker than normal ones.

Al

PS i just turned 18!!!!!

Foam grips are amazing, i had ODI ruffians before i got my Foam ones (don't ask me what they are called). They are actually the sex, they feel so comfortable on my hands, and are such a relief to previous grips! I also find them to be a lot better in summer, as they hold better, though every grip has a point where it becomes too sweaty. Also foam grips wear down a lot quicker than normal ones.

Al

PS i just turned 18!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :arabia: celerbrate good times come on d d d d d d d d woo hoo

(come on people join in you know the words, cause thats all i no, tut tut i am a shamed)

Edited by trials freak

i use the old micro scooter grips. you can get them from ebay for about £3.00. i did use the monty ones and yer they are way too thin, the scooter grips are made of a slightly different matierial and dont give you blisters at all and they dont wear much. iv had mine on my scooter which i used too ride a lot for about a year , and just put them on my bike and feel ace. get some.

http://sports.listings.ebay.co.uk/Scooters...ListingItemList

they come in packs with wheels but are still really cheap.

If Monty foams are anything like the Try All foams then they are lovely to ride with i never use gloves they feel so nice. Only problem is, being foam they split in few months and are ruined :( well reccomended though i love em. (Y)

Oh yeah an happy birthday

Edited by sundance

foamies rule! dont bother spending the money on getting monty ones or anything though, go to your local halfords and get the long roadie ones, cut them in half and you get 4 pairs of grips for £5, cant go wrong!

Hey,

Ive used the Monty foams, they are very comfy but they last about a week,

Ive also used the try-all foamies they are also very comfy and have a good wear rate.

if i was you get the try-all foams also you hands will never slip because they absorb the sweat but they never go soggy

Cheers Connor

I actually use onza brahma thick and thins, not bad grips to be honest, but they are worn out now so they are too thin, tarty "griffles" next me thinks. 4 pairs. To better my chances of winning!

Hi, Has anybody ridden foam grips? I was thinkning about buying the monty foam grips, 13g! But are they nice to ride? Whats your opinions?

Peter

hi i am mitch well i have to tell you the truth they are nice to ride there is one little problem they dont last a week they start to tear up and evry thing so i would not recommened them as it would be a waste of money.

from mitch.