Noob zoo pitbull

Wavell

I’d personally be a bit dubious about it being Legit, unless he’s shown you plenty of pictures or you have the chance to see it in person I wouldn’t be too keen on handing my money over. I could be wrong but don’t normally see a trials bike of that age looking that clean.. 

Just be careful. If he’s asking for a bank transfer or a friends and family payment through PayPal then I’d steer clear as it seems too good to be true. 

If it is legit then I’d say around £350 for a bike of that age, provided it’s in as-new condition! You can pick up a more modern geometry bike with a good spec for around the same price. 

• Like 1

I know you are trying to save a bit of money but personally I wouldn't recommend a second-hand trials bike unless it's from a mate or, at the very least, unless you can test-ride it before money changes hands. And the price has to be right. Trials bikes are supposed to take a beating, and you never know what a second-hand bike has been put through. This bike is pretty sturdy. Old trials frames and forks were slightly over-engineered for strength, so it will probably be just fine. But 500 quid, that guy must be kidding. You can buy a brand-new 26" Echo Pure MK6 from Tarty for 640 quid, assuming you are in the UK:

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_trials_bikes/echo_pure_mk6/c47p13461.html

I'm sure Tarty could deliver the bike with other brakes of your choosing e.g. a rear Magura HS-33 and front Avid BB7 + organic pads. That was my set-up on my 24-inch bike a few years ago, very affordable and reliable. Currently running dual BB7 on my mod and loving it.

This way you'd be getting a modern-geometry bike which probably would be a lot lighter too, and you would be sure there's nothing wrong with it, and if there is Tarty will sort it out.

• Like 1

Cheers for the input guys yeah thought it was a bit steep when a got to looking especially when theres a mint newish looking inpulse on eBay for £450. A bought the zoo in the end (looked in person)  for £300 though it’s pretty clean tbf the guys had a ongoing injury . There’s only a couple of tiny marks on it from where the clear lacquer  has started to kinda craze just age related though. Apart from that the bikes solid good bearings no play or roughness it’s mostly echo and zoo parts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoox said:

I know you are trying to save a bit of money but personally I wouldn't recommend a second-hand trials bike unless it's from a mate or, at the very least, unless you can test-ride it before money changes hands. And the price has to be right. Trials bikes are supposed to take a beating, and you never know what a second-hand bike has been put through. This bike is pretty sturdy. Old trials frames and forks were slightly over-engineered for strength, so it will probably be just fine. But 500 quid, that guy must be kidding. You can buy a brand-new 26" Echo Pure MK6 from Tarty for 640 quid, assuming you are in the UK:

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_trials_bikes/echo_pure_mk6/c47p13461.html

I'm sure Tarty could deliver the bike with other brakes of your choosing e.g. a rear Magura HS-33 and front Avid BB7 + organic pads. That was my set-up on my 24-inch bike a few years ago, very affordable and reliable. Currently running dual BB7 on my mod and loving it.

This way you'd be getting a modern-geometry bike which probably would be a lot lighter too, and you would be sure there's nothing wrong with it, and if there is Tarty will sort it out.

I looked on tarty if a get into the sport well (hopefully a will I’m a big into mtb and dh) think i may buy one  of those just didn’t wanna blow the bank and not get into it.  

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal then, the previous owner was legit. About the lacquer flaking off, old Echo frames all had that lacquer finish. My old 24 inch Echo frame and forks did too and had the same problem, which kinda lowers re-sale value. I sold the frame but I'm still using the forks (6 years later!) and they are just fine, stiff as fook. Echo dropped the lacquer finish in favor of anodized aluminium finish, which is no used on the entire Echo/Zoo/Gu range.

Edited by Scoox
  • Like 1

Yeah, you'll get it down sooner than you think. Word of advice get yourself some shin pads and helmet if you haven't yet. I know a lot of riders think shin pads are for wimps but if you rip your shins open like I have done before, the pain, hassle and downtime are really not worth it, and trust me it will happen especially if you've just started. 661 do some nice ones. Knee protection is up to you, 1 out of 30 times it's the shins that take the hit, usually the good foot side (I've never ever hit my left shin since I started in 2000).

• Like 1