Rockshox Pike Team 05's

bob87

I have a Dmr Trailstar Which i use for street riding when I'm not doing trials.

The forks i have are Rockshox pike 2005 team forks.

Recently i took them apart to service them( as i do with all my bike parts).

I serviced them and put them back together and all seemed to be fine but now I've noticed that the spring sounds like it's clicking on the inside of the fork.

I've read somewhere that this is to do with the black damping thing that wraps round the spring itself?

Anybody know anything about this/ them?

Thanks.

same kinda thing happend on my fox forks, does your spring have a plastic sleve on it? like a tard i was gonna take mine off good job i didnt, anyway after a few little rides the clicking went.

dunno if that helps or not though lol

same kinda thing happend on my fox forks, does your spring have a plastic sleve on it? like a tard i was gonna take mine off good job i didnt, anyway after a few little rides the clicking went.

dunno if that helps or not though lol

Yes my spring does have a black sheath kind of thing on it, kind of like a bit of hard plastic.

Supposably this black thingy should be at a certain point at the top of the spring to stop it doing this.

Does any of this make sense to anybody?

goes in the middle of the spring, my foxes and my pyslos both did it, tf tuning are a bunch of c**ts, tim f**ked my pyslos good and proper, im never going there again, and his prices were extortionate, they are easy as hell to service anyway, just find a manual and do it yaself again :) perhaps you havent got the spring seated properly and its clicking againt the faces where it sits against? id imagine it would pop back to place by itself though

difficult to say without taking the fork apart myself but

its likely the clicking / grating sound is the spring rubbing on the inside of the fork, best bet is to take the spring out and shrinkwrap over the whole spring except about an inch either end, usually does the trick.