Onza Bird Or Onza Pro?

BTR_Vince

The Pro has disc brakes on both sides right and the Bird has disc front and rim at the back correct?

Isn't the rim brakes better/stronger?

Is wanting a rim brake at the back a good enough reason to go for the Bird or does the Pro have other things that are better?

Thanks for the help people.

I have a Bird mate, I can tell you that the front disc has awesome bite (Y)

Rear brake arms, not so good, had to replace them with SD7's. [Does come with decent pads though]

And the Pro, can't really say much about it because i've never used one, but to be honest they're pretty much the same.

The Pro comes with a front freewheel instead of a freehub on the back, which I guess some people look at as better.

But it's completely up to you, if you want to spend the extra £70 and get the Pro, then you might aswell because it's going to be better.

But I don't think there's much in it ...

I have a 26" Mad Phase 1.2 with mounted Magura HS 33 hydraulic rim brakes front and back. Is it possible to put them on the 20" Pro/Bird? Will this have to be done in a shop?

It will be possible to put them on the Pro, front and rear wheel but not on the Bird because it doesn't have the mounts on the back.

The pro is a far better bike, it comes with a front freewheel set up as apposed to the rear freewheel set up on the bird. The rear freehwheel set up gives a much lighter kick which makes progression harder. The pro also has the added bonus of four bolt brake mounts and built-in tensioners. As far as I'm aware the length of the 2 bikes are the same, not 100% on that though.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Another question. The frames of the two look pretty much the same, are they the same length? To me the Pro looks slightly longer, is this true?

Yeah, they are the same length, and yes again, they are exactly the same (Apart from the brake mounts and the fact that the Pro will be a little lighter).

And on the point of lightness, you could always go for the Blade for that little bit extra.

The frame is extremely light for the money, it's also very strong and looks great too.

(Y)