My Limey 320 Updated

josh barker

hi,

here are some pics of my limey which has now been updated. I would love to hear your views on my bike!!

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

and heres the problem that i use to have with it, the chainline was miles out with the 127.5 bb so i had to go down to a 118 bb which had solved the problem. (just advice to others who have posted topics about it)

DSC00498.jpg

spec:

Frame and Forks

- Frame: onza limey 320

- Forks: onza limey matching forks

Wheels

- Front hub: echo tr disc

- Rear hub: onza t-master

- Tensioner: onza intergrated

- Front rim: try all front 20" silver

- Rear rim: try all rear 19" silver

- Spokes: mutiny black

- Rim tape: try all xxl

- Inner tube (front): maxxis welterweight

- Inner tube (rear): kenda

- Front tyre: Try-All

- Rear tyre: Monty

Brakes

- Front brake: Magura Louise

- Rotor: rockman rotor 160mm

- Rear brake: magura hs33 4 finger blade

-pads: tnn cnc backings with try all red croco's material

Drivetrain

- Cranks: trialtech 165mm

- Freewheel: tensile 96

- Chain: kmc kool chain

- Pedals: dmr v8's

- Bottom bracket: FSA platinum 68x118

- Bash: echo lite

Steering

- Headset: onza mongo

- Stem: onza t-master

- Grips: trialtech foam

- Handlebars: try all 09 rage

Edited by josh barker

Nice, handy to know about the bb thing, I think if I had a shorter bb on my skull, my cranks would hit the frame/I'd catch my foot on the maggie but I'm gonna have a squint.

Edit: I'm talking bollox, it'll be fine

i was panacking about the bb length but i have about 6-8mm clearance (approx havnt measured) with trialtech cranks

Edited by josh barker

does your chain slap on the chain stay ????

i need to no what set up to use as im getting a limey soon .

and is your bb shorter than the tryall 122.5 ??

and how close is your freewheel to the bb shell ?

let me no asap

no the chain doesnt slap on the chainstays it slaps a bit on the seat stay when the chain gets a bit slack

the bb i use is a fsa platinum 118mm and the freewheel is pretty close but not close enough to cause disruption

Edited by josh barker

no the chain doesnt slap on the chainstays it slaps a bit on the seat stay when the chain gets a bit slack

the bb i use is a fsa platinum 118mm and the freewheel is pretty close but not close enough to cause disruption

cheers mate :)

do you think the tryall 165mm cranks would fit if i had the fsa bb . like would they catch on the frame or would i need a bashring on too ?

sorry to bore you with these questions but i have to no .

i havnt had a straight answer . and you have one built up so ypu looked a good guy to ask .

chris

cheers mate :)

do you think the tryall 165mm cranks would fit if i had the fsa bb . like would they catch on the frame or would i need a bashring on too ?

sorry to bore you with these questions but i have to no .

i havnt had a straight answer . and you have one built up so ypu looked a good guy to ask .

chris

try all cranks will go on easily i run 165 trialtech cranks you may need a bashring or spaces, i have been told the sprocket on the rear hub also has a part in this to depending on where abouts it is (closer or further away from the frame, i tried turning the sprocket round but when i got the bb i just turned the sprocket back around to the normal position then it was better)

try all cranks will go on easily i run 165 trialtech cranks you may need a bashring or spaces, i have been told the sprocket on the rear hub also has a part in this to depending on where abouts it is (closer or further away from the frame, i tried turning the sprocket round but when i got the bb i just turned the sprocket back around to the normal position then it was better)

cheers mate thats a really good help

thanks alot :)

Run a thiner chain seeing as your set-up is that close to the chainstay.

Your using the KMC Kool 1/8'' chain, right?

Just buy the KMC Kool 3/32'' chain - it'll give you a few mm extra clearance..

yeh i run the kmc 1/8" chain but it seems to be sorted now but i will keep that in mind cheers!

Looking sweeeet mate , when i start riding again we will have to have a ride.

deffo Nick, would love to have a ride soon mate

Nice bike :) If you want to sort out the chain line once and for all, use a 113mm BB (I use a Truvativ ISIS BMX specific). Works perfectly on my Limey 320.

what rear rim and cranks you using, i think my freewheel would rub on my bb cup :S

but my chainline is already sorted now, but when i need a new chain i am going for a thinner chain

Edited by josh barker