Not Just Another Trials Park, Possibly The Uks Best!

Barbra

There is a proposal to turn a few local quarries into a mtb mecca!! The local concil own quite a few used and disused quarries and there is a plan to turn it into into one of the Uks leading mtb areas and they would like to include trials.

A top downhill rider is helping out with the trail building designs and actual building too (Roman (I forget his last name) he designed and built fort williams 4x track and many others, so he knows his stuff!) They got in touch with me as they know trials is growing and they didnt want us to be left out.

The proposed quarry is already very good for riding (known as the secret quarry, but real name is lee mill quarry) but they are willing to import rocks, concrete or what ever we fancy really....if that quarry cant be used, they are willing to impost everything into other places!!

I am going to do my best to get the place as good as sabadell in spain or maybe better! So this isnt just your run of the mill little town small park, this is going to be a BIG thing.

What I am after is people to show interest, the more interest in it the more chance it has of happening, The track builder is going to put on a presitation to the coincil, would be cool to have him show theres interest in a trials park from non local people. I think it has a VERY good chance of happening, it was a council guy who got in touch with us about it and he is really eager to get it done (being a mtb rider himself) Plans and everything have to be ready to shown by the end of march, thats how soon they want to start building it!

So pop some feedback here if you like, the quarry is in Bacup in East Lancashire, would you travel that far? (concidering it will be the BEST trials park in the uk!), got any ideas on stuff you want to ride? got pics of things? Any feed back would be good.

To quote Ali C there.

Well i figure the more interest the better, and well the more support the more chance we have of this happening. Read the full quote and reply.

Don't turn this into one of the threads like i've seen a few of in NMC, where theres loads of unrelated/smutty posts which could be had out on msn.

Support please :D

Hi that would be the best to have a trials park at the secret quarry its only 15 mins drive as well it would be just a bike heaven really it is already a big rock park that you can just have hours of fun on and if it had a selection of preety much every thing i would go there most weekends and well any time i could but they would have to make it not slipy because the rocks there are very very slipy in the wet. would there be like pipes and stuff as well to ride like street things because that would attract every one that would be willing to travel that far.

also would there be some kind of parking because last time i went it was rubbish because it was basically park on the side of the little track that there is and if it would to be a big thing there would be no where to park???.

have my vote(Y) i want it now :lol: and i no that every one from hebden will be interested.

we are wanting one to be built in hebden to but i don't think that will happen (N)

Chris

Edited by (chief)

Quality work Ali c. What about a signed petition going around a few areas to get some more of the abandoned areas built into some form of skatepark/trialspark, as i have noticed that Skipton properties are getting their hands on quite a few areas to make houses that are perfect for riding (which is what happened to us (N) ) Could somebody post up a picture of this trialspark in spain that is mentioned in Ali c's post, and we could gather some ideas. How big is this Lee mill quarry and where is it because i noticed that Ali c lives in Hebden Bridge which isn't too far from me so would be perfect but as for people who live further down the country this is where the petition comes in handy for you to have abandoned quarries or mills to be turned into something useful , i was reading a post on here about photography being banned around the streets and the person who wrote the post included a link to an online petition so if anyone knows how to do that then that would be cool. What are the quarrys going to include, will there be all natural or like some sort of streety effect to it like ledges made out of concrete and then onto some form of natural sections for different abilities that would be designed by trials riders who know the different abilities eg: novice,elite that kind of thing.

Quality, if it were to be the best trials park in the uk like you said then i would without doubt travel the distance. At the minute me and my friends do not have transport to get there but in a couple of months time we will.

cheers mark.

Quality work Ali c. What about a signed petition going around a few areas to get some more of the abandoned areas built into some form of skatepark/trialspark, as i have noticed that Skipton properties are getting their hands on quite a few areas to make houses that are perfect for riding (which is what happened to us (N) ) Could somebody post up a picture of this trialspark in spain that is mentioned in Ali c's post, and we could gather some ideas. How big is this Lee mill quarry and where is it because i noticed that Ali c lives in Hebden Bridge which isn't too far from me so would be perfect but as for people who live further down the country this is where the petition comes in handy for you to have abandoned quarries or mills to be turned into something useful , i was reading a post on here about photography being banned around the streets and the person who wrote the post included a link to an online petition so if anyone knows how to do that then that would be cool. What are the quarrys going to include, will there be all natural or like some sort of streety effect to it like ledges made out of concrete and then onto some form of natural sections for different abilities that would be designed by trials riders who know the different abilities eg: novice,elite that kind of thing.

Hi a petition would be very good and also lee mill quarry is very very very big here is a site map of it it would take about 20 mins to 30 to get across is it used to be used for like land rovers and motor bikes but they band that and it is very dangerous there so big drops that would kill u instantly.it even has some nice big lakes in it to in case your abit hot on a nice day :P you can easily get lost and trapped there to if you don't no where your going and when the mist is there u have a bad change of find your way out easily.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6758/18599uc2.jpg

site map^

chris

Edited by (chief)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6758/18599uc2.jpg

site map^

chris

Its huge!!!

could there be some way of blocking off the dangerous bits like some form of barbed wire wall or fence because it will be very dangerous on a winday day.

No because there that big and dangerous also it would take ages because there are so many drops there you will just have to watch your step and make sure you don't go near them.

lee mill quary development have a look on this site becuase it is al about developing the quarry and it is the one ali c has posted on.

chris

Edited by (chief)

• 1 year later...