A Level Product Design

ZOO!PYTHON

Hello to all,

In my Product Design course this year, i have to analyse a certain product and produce an information booklet. I have decided to look at Magura HS33 levers (lever, body etc...) and my problem is i cannot find any cross section diagrams or images showing how they work if you get what i mean?!? Would really appreciate it if any of you guys or gals have, or know of anywhere i can find one? Thanks in advance :)

M@

This is a long shot BUT Steve (heatsink) Is very up on his things like tihs, i asked for some thing similar for a brake booster and he sent me all of the information i would have ever needed! So i think he may be able to help you out if any one but i am not 100% sure so dont hold me to that but he is very up on things like that (i think)

Anyway, good luck with A level product design, i did BTEC product design and i hatted it deffinately flunked it withought a doubt!

hmmm... A level isnt the best course type for something like product design, Too much is based on the writing side of things which when it comes down to it, isnt that important in the real world.

hands on experiences and learnings will benefit you much better (for example instead of looking for someone else' findngs about levers... Get an old one and grind/cut it in half to see for yourself...)

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated,

I shall get in touch with him then (don't suppose i could have his email or a link to his profile??!) Yeah, i have got my own lever, taken it apart etc... primary research or whatever, but i just thought i could do with including this sort of diagram.

Thanks again

M@

Im in the same boat as you and also chose to do maguras. Ive just finished my front cover and Im quite proud of it. I thought Id just post it up here anyway.

post-8706-1183118436_thumb.jpg

Also this site is rather impressive. If you have a browse then you'll understand what I mean

Edited by kcchan

steve's username on here is 'heatsink.'

Regarding what brendan said - ignore it. Maybe for yourself, doing A-levels was a better idea, with a view to going to uni or something. Im not sure how many uni's put down 'hands on experiance' in the entry requirements of their courses, but i wouldn't imagine it to even enter double figures. In 'the real world' as he put it, uni's require qualifications, on paper, same with most jobs, please let's not start that debate again.....