Base Ta26

shogun_gimp

arnt they pretty old skool ? and if they are it hink the geo's all wrong !?!?

Adam

theyre short and have a seat if thats what you mean, yeah. the geos fine apart from the 5mm bb drop. i love mine!

Hi,

With Base forks mine has 0mm drop which is an enormous 10mm different from a XTP2, Limey 2 etc.

The Base has steep angles which give it a short flickable wheelbase while still having a long reach from bb to headset comparable with more fashionable frames.

The Base is great on two wheels, really sharp handling and easy to bunnyhop and spin. Being 5 foot 7 I also find the short wheelbase easier to manage when riding natural on two wheels.

I have recenlty bought a Short Echo Control which for comparison I find is easier to kick onto the backwheel, probably due to much lighter parts on the front end. I have a longer lower stem on the Echo so struggle to bunnyhop and spin compared to the more upright setup I have on the base. Realistically though a lot of how my two bikes handle is down to the stem and bars which are short and upright (Streety) on the Base and long and low on the Echo (Back Wheel Stability).

In short, the base is fun anywhere, all you need is a curb or even a flat parking lot and you can spin, hop and ride along just enjoying really sharp direction changes from the short steeply angled frame. Add a seat and (whisper - gears ) and you can find all the riding you want.

Someone better than me needs to make a video on a Base and bring these frames back into fashion.

Duane.