Juicy 7 Question

dwarrick

Hey All

Just picked up a Juicy 7 for the front, and its working awsome but i had one question about it that someone might be able to help me with.

set up the brake as per the manual, leaving the bolt loose, pumping the brake and holding it then tightening the bolts to ensure proper alignment of the caliper on the disk. That step worked perfectly, the rotor is right in the middle of the caliper.

Now my problem is I have to set the pad adjuster all the way out to get a solid lever feel or else the lever can be pulled to the bar and not get a solid lock.

Can I set the adjuster all the way in so the pads are farthest apar from each other, pump the brake slightly with out the rotor so the pads will travel out further, and then put the wheel back in, hopefully causing the pads to sit closer to the rotor now?

Thanks for any help

Dylan

Can I set the adjuster all the way in so the pads are farthest apar frm each other, pump the brake slightly with out the rotor so the pads will travel out further, and then put the wheel back in, hopefully causing the pads to sit closer to the rotor now?

Thanks for any help

Dylan

No, that won't work. When you put the wheel back in and pump the brake, it will just re-adjust the pads to where they were.

Try screwing in the reach adjuster (little allen key thing on the bottom of the lever blade.

Working in a Giant/Specialized dealer nearly every bike we have comes with a juicy of some description and a good percentage of them feel crap upon leaving the shop but when they come back for a free service they all feel great. Seem to just take a while to firm up in the lever.

Same happened to the juicy fives on my sx trail and if I dont ride it for a few weeks it pulls further to the bar again but firms up within a few miles.