Snail Cams

thornabytrials.co.uk

i set it so the chain is fairly tight, it ends up to tight, set it slightly loose it ends up saggin like hell and ratteling all over the place.

also at 1 point the chain is tight, move the cranks to the freewheel moves and it goes slack! whats this all about?

how you ment to set them up?

they seems to be 2 settings to me...

to tight and to slack!

If the snail cams have ridges (set places where they lock in) then there isn't really anything you can do about it. If they are try getting smooth snail cam so you can get them just right. I have the same problem with my chain, its tight in one spot and lose in the other. This can be caused by sevral things, your bb could be bent and that could be the problem or your cogs could be slightly ovaled. It is very hard to get a cog/freewheel completly round so you get this problem. Sorry don't think i have been that helpful but thats all i got! :P

Ideally inside with your GU frame, but not essential to be either side as long as the hub/snail cams aren't stretching the back end apart/pulling the back end together too much.

just checked them on the inside, thers pretty much no axel sticking throung when on the inside so the frame is pretty much resting on the bolts, so it looks likes they gonna ave to be on the outside

And the uneven chain tension is just a thing (as far as i know) my chain is 3+ years old and has weird tight spots, it's weird but you'll get used to it. Or you could always use a bodged on mech, springed tensioners for the win, hitting them (if you side hop to the right) for the lose.

Before i got some tensioners:

Edited by Fat Pants