Trials Tips And Secrets

Toby3448

when its too wet to ride or dark then watch trials vids and pick up techniques from top riders.

another thing that helped me was to run a slightly harder tyre, then if i couldnt do something let the tyre down to normal trials pressures and i would then be able to do it. probably more of a mental thing but meh its worked for me a few times.

Callum

or even just keep them at low pressures all the time, but yeah Itd give you more spring and grip

Be persistant, never give up just because you can't do it over night. Things take days, weeks, months. But the result is fantastic :D.

Soft tyres get more grip in different areas. On a motor trials bike they want about 2 - 4 PSI , pretty soft but that's how you want it for grip in the mud and other areas. Hard is just for pavements, roads and average riding about, i'd reccommend for tyres to be on the softish side. Not too soft and not too hard ;).

Don't get over-confident, can be a killer at times. Confidence is a good thing but if you get too cocky it could lead to you having some daft fall off that you'll sure regret. We must have all done something like that either if it's on a bike or just pulling some show off stunt to impress other people.

Scrumpy

Yeah I find it alot easier when i ride with just the one finger on the brake lever and with the pedals on the ball of my foot not on the heel or the tips

Other then that i like to try and man power things.

I really like man powering things and when i do i bend as far down as i can then litterally jump in the air and drag the bike up.

Its one of those things that you need to master though.

Best wishes Joshx