Proper Term And Help?

epc22

Hiya all, i was wondering what the proper term for bouncing on the back wheel is i thought it was back hopping but a few different websites say different things,

I can do 3 or 4 and i know if i keep practising it will go up but whats the best way to learn yet again loats of different sites say different things, and when i do those 3 or 4 its not like i am doing that every time its more luck i will do lots cause most of the time i don't land 2 lol.

hey man see you are in worcester in term time. there is a few of us in the shire, we'll have to get a ride going. i know them as back hops. it will all come in time, you'll find you can do 5-6 then back to 2 then you will forget about counting them as you can do them for as long as neeeded.

When you "hop on the back wheel" are you using a pedal kick to skip the bike forwards over the ground, or, are you pulling on the bars and hopping backwards?

If the first applies you are doing a "pedal kick" if the second, then you are doing a plain back-wheel hop.

Check out www.trashzen.com for tips and a full explanation.

alright edd

These tutorials complicate the matter, if you can do a few its just needs practise, took me a f**king long time

I get knackerd after a couple of bounces so dont be put off

when you got the hang of those just start kicking the pedals, releasing the brake, putting it back on to gap :)

init

Edited by afroman

Hey,

If your using the pedals and kicking them to keep you going forward then its a pedal kick but if you are hopping holding in brakes (not letting go to be able to pedal) and going backwords then a back hop.

I only used to be able to do 3 but now i can do around 30.

Just keep practising you'll get the hang of it and will be doing more everyday.

Ash~ B)

Are you just hopping on the spot or are you hopping forward ?

Im not sure what you call it if your just hopping on the spot but if your going forward there are thew names for it.

I dont think it realy has a proper name but some names people call it are -

Peddle Kick

Learch

and ive herd someone call it a cherry hop.

Now to get more hops.

If your hoping on the spot it is alot harder 2 do more because you can loose your balnace easyer.

As if your hoping on the spoy but you feel your peddle is to close to your knees (I find that when im hoping with out peddle kicking my peddles seem to go back gettin closer 2 my knees witch makes you lean back more) you can kick your feet forward regaining your body position (And balance) from leaning rite back.

If you can not Peddle kick i would say learn that as soon as you can.

I learnt it by having both wheels on the spot and try and get your backwheel to where your front wheel was (Bringing your front wheel to the air and then just let it go down again) you do that by kicking on your peddle and letting go of your back brake at the same time. Keep doing that until you feal comftable with it i found the whole letting go of back brake and kicking very hard to get used to.

So once you feel comftable, try and do it again but this time already be on your backwheel instead of having both wheels on the floor.So go up onto your backwheel do one hop and the kick.

You wont do it first time it does take some time getting used to it but once you can do it, it feals so easy.

Good luck hope i have helped.

Sam