First Time Bleeding...

!laycky!

Its my first time bleeding a magura brake and as I have been doing trials for about a week I dont know much. I have been reading the wiki on how to do it but ran in to two problems So if someone could tell me what the TPA is and what this means, Move the whole lever up so that it's pointing forwards instead of down. Maybe a picture to show me. I don't know just please help me. An maybe the easy way to do it for the first time.

cheers laycky

hi mate there should have been a wiki explaining all about maguras but the tpa ( terminal pad ajuster ) is the red dail that controls how far your magura pulls in , when bleeding you should wind it as far in as possible so that your sylinder contains the most oil .

as for moving the lever it just means move the magura so it is horizontal to the ground if u strugle anymore refer to a wiki guide or pm and i can talk yu through it good luck (Y)

Royal blood is what the Magura is designed to be used with, and not designed for water.

Over time, water can screw up the seals on the brake, but many people see the advantage of using water much better than the risk of damaging the brake.

Most people find water more convinient (works better, quicker to bleed, cheaper and cleaner), I personally prefer Royal blood as I just use the supply of stuff at work.

Or LHM brake and suspension fluid. :P

Royal blood is what the Magura is designed to be used with, and not designed for water.

Over time, water can screw up the seals on the brake, but many people see the advantage of using water much better than the risk of damaging the brake.

Most people find water more convinient (works better, quicker to bleed, cheaper and cleaner), I personally prefer Royal blood as I just use the supply of stuff at work.

Or LHM brake and suspension fluid. :P

Yes Mr Hutley but not everyone has the bleeding kit to use at there own free will and it costs £20 pound with enough fluid to do 1 pair so if you mess up the first time and need to redo them your buggered and have to buy more fluid. I say its worth the risk of using water. (but only because i don't have the fluid lol):P

You can pick up a bleed kit from Heatsink Bikes for £8.50! Link

I've bled my brakes with about a 1:1 water/antifreeze mix. Works lovely and shouldn't freeze in the winter!

What happened to them been 7 quid..I was gonna get one as well..

As for your brake do you run a grind or use tar? What pads are you running. How is it set up..Do the pads hit the rim level and at the same time? Is there alot of frame flex making it feel spongy.

water is corrosive....but i've found the problem to be with scale building up in the hose (like in the kettle...)

still...i've had water for a good 3 years...

Its not corrosive if you have a water SOFTENER built into your plumbing system. The standard water that houses have now is HARD water, this has limescale in it. SOFT water is the best for bleeding brakes but not everyone has it, but i do :D

JK

Edited by J-KAY