Sidewall Ripped Off On Try-all Rim

SQuiT-man

Ive been well unlucky lately with my bikes

just got my rig built up after the front disk folded on a gap and now the rear sidewall ripped off on a gap too lol

photo0016gx9.th.jpg

Are the latest echo rims better than last years? I thought they were meant to be amasing, but people said things about them cracking last year?

Scott

Its a trade off.

Try-All rims are lighter, have a smaller sidewall and are made of a slightly softer alu, this causes them to lose their grinds quicker but they are lighter due to this.

Echos are heavier, have a larger sidewall and will take more grinds because they last longer due to the harder alu used.

If you dont mind the extra weight I would get the echo, if its for competitions go with the try-all. I have never had a rim die on me due to a grind, to the extent of the picture above. Mine have all died due to flatspots or mega dents, mainly due to my harsh riding.

Edited by Team War Rider

LEL!

What can you expect? I've seen cigarette paper (thin paper y'all!) thicker than your sidewalls :P

but u cant tell from the pic that the sidewalls are thin? u can just see the top of the sidewall, which is thick?

id imagine its probably seen a few grinds though lol! ive only given it one or two average grinds, but it was a second hand wheel so I have no idea!

echo 07 it is :) shame theres a long wait on the tarty wheelbuilds at the moment! ..a couple of months not riding.. :S