Vee Brake Booster

wrongsideof40

I found there was an improvement in braking power, it also quietened my brake down to nearly silent, which I love.

But don't get a cheap brake booster (like an Outland one) they just don't work at all!

Salsa make a good one, so do Shimano (xtr booster) but the xtr booster are hard to come by now.

If the spacing between the two vee posts are 105mm or less then an Echo booster would be ideal. From my experience these are pretty stiff.

If you get a decent one, it will stop the flex in your brake bosses and minimise the flex in your frame. This should improve braking power, but not massively.

I wouldnt say it "gives more power" it helps you brake hold as all the power is directed at the rim and not being used to push your frame out, people also use them to stop them snapping there crossovers (which you dont have to worry about running a vee) and also some frames will crack arround the Vee mounts, but the booster stops the strain on the frame as much. noticable difference though