Wheel Building?

Ticker

Hi i just wondered if anyone could help me.

I am looking for a website or somewhere that gives you a step by step guide on how to build a wheel.

I have a old wheel that i want to try and learn on, and then hopefully build a new wheel up.

Thanks Ticker.

OBM's guide is pretty good..

WHEEL BUILDING

Thanks a lot i've just had a quick read I hope its as easy as he says it is.

I will have a go with my old wheel when i get home from school.

My wheel is a 32 hole i think it wants to be three cross does this make a lot of difference to how you lace it up i.e how many spaces you leave between each spoke? cheers.

Edited by Ticker

Thanks a lot i've just had a quick read I hope its as easy as he says it is.

I will have a go with my old wheel when i get home from school.

My wheel is a 32 hole i think it wants to be three cross does this make a lot of difference to how you lace it up i.e how many spaces you leave between each spoke? cheers.

Most wheels are 3 cross - the only difference is in the spoke length. Also, make sure you have the right length spokes to start with unless you just give it a go and see.

Jamie

I used OnzaBoyMarks guide...Before you de-build the wheel your going to be using...Check how many spokes it crosses over before it goes into the hole...That way you will know how many crosses to build it.

I built my first ever wheel last night...It's not as hard as i thought it's actually piss easy if you've got patience.

My result was this :):

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Thats a 3 cross build. 32 hole.

Just remember when tensioning...do the same amount of turns on each spoke till it eventually gets tight...Just keep going round say doing 3 full turns on each.

Good luck. Any problems PM me.

Danny.

Edited by Danny Kearns

Well done pal

new rim will be needed for me soon and i fancy a lighter rear hub so now i know where to come to get my wheel built!

Harry!

Bet u get a paul one or summat haha, i used that OBM tutorial helped alot found the sheldon brown waay to complex :S.

Matx