Stripping Frames

alecdavies

Hi All,

I've got an old Team Marin XC frame which has been sitting in my garage for years now but the time has come when i just need a bike to bez round Cardiff on. It really needs a respray after having a crack in the down tube welded but i need to strip all the paint off first. Anyone got any ideas as to the best way of stripping the paint. I can't really be arsed to go and get it sand blasted or chemically stripped so just things that i can do myself at home (I do have a garage with almost everything so any ideas i will probably have a tool for it!).

Ps. It's a steel frame not aluminum.

OK just found the wiki thing, it recommends nitro mors, any other ideas

Edited by alecdavies

I hav'nt actually ridden one but from what i've heard there quite nice to ride and pretty light but to be honest i wouldnt go modding it, its probably light enough as it is BTW try to calm down with the post, good luck if you do get it and be sure to post some pics up !

Adam

Edit: just realised you've been validated, congradulations now go and liven chit chat up a bit lol

As above really. Nitromorse, wire brush on a drill, sand it off with some 100grit paper