Schwalbe Space 24" Tire

andyzplace

Been for a ride today and i just cant seem to make it stay on! :(

Upon inspection when the tire was let down you could pull it away from the rim and see a huge gap (about 10mm) Im sure it was pretty tight when i put it on.

Im really disappointed because the 26 version of the tire performed so well on my old bikes.

Has anyone had any experience with them (hopefully mine is just a dud)

The rim is a DMR DV.

Schwalbe are quite big tires when i say big im mean a little bigger than the rim , were i work they take a couple of trys to get them to stay on , but push the tire on the rim and get someone to hold it then push the other bits on and they are fine.

Schwalbe are quite big tires when i say big im mean a little bigger than the rim , were i work they take a couple of trys to get them to stay on , but push the tire on the rim and get someone to hold it then push the other bits on and they are fine.

Hes right I use alot of schwalbes at work as they come on most higher range dawes bikes and its one of the cheaper tires we stock so a very common replacment option. They are indeed very loose fitting tires I have several times inflated the tire only to have the tube pop out at fairly high pressure and go bang scaring most people in the shop shiteless :P

Try pumping it up a tad harder than normal, and make sure you lift the tyre and wheel off the ground when you pump it up and hold it by the spokes this way there is no real force pushing the tyre up or down on the rim (other than good old gravity) by doing this the tyre should seat properly and evenly on the rim so its less likley to pop off in one place.

Thats about all I can really think of trying as normally after doing that they normally go on fine for me.