Ipod Users Look In!

stevenjenkins.klb.

rite for some reason loads of things on my computer have just vanished they aren't in the recycle bin either. Its just all pics in the my pictures folder and every song in my itunes library and i cant find any of it. Was thinking because all my pictures and music are on my i touch is there any way to trasfer things backwards from the ipod to the computer?

comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by stevenjenkins.klb.

Search for some songs on your system just incase theyve been moved into a different folder or something.

Try a system restore to yesterday or whenever nearest (i think they restore old files, dont take my word on that though)

IF all else fails, after a few seconds of googling, try this (dependent upon whether you are on mac or windows read the appropriate paragraphs)

http://www.macworld.com/article/54342/2006...aystreet20.html (dont know if it actually works as it is from 2006!)

EDIT: As Nick said below , just download an ipod rip, as it says in the link above ^

Edited by Bondy

i just tried a restore to last week but that done nothing. When i search i can find the songs but don't know where they are and my itunes is totally empty. :S any other ideas?

When you search you can view the location of the files you find (see attached)

post-173-1200675744_thumb.jpg

additionally when you right click on the file that has been found you should have the opportunity to open the folder in which the file is contained.

Also try looking in My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\ as you may find the music in there

hope that's of some use