Adamant Free Hub

jake_mayfield

The 20" ones have been pretty reliable actually, I would say 80% are fine. The warranty still applies too.

Wonder if you would still say that if you dent sell them and wernt trying to get rid of them adam haha

nah mate i wouldnt touch them to be honest, anything thats deng and involves moving parts hasnt proved to be very good.

Edited by basher

Heard mixed reviews. Some people swear by them, some people hate the.

If you have the coin, get either a profile or a king (only if your minted)

What about fixed rear, and get a free wheel on the front? Had Tensile freewheel on both my mods and felt as good as my ProII Never skipped once. Cheap as chips too. I had a go on my mates bike. That had a Try-All one on. Felt like it was going to skip, and was too quite.

i actualy agree with dave , if you look at the construction of the adamant freehub its nearly identicle to a profile hub . the main reason the stuck hubs exploded was because the forces being exerted on the rim were mutch greater which tore the driveside flanges off and cracked the hubshell .

i actualy agree with dave , if you look at the construction of the adamant freehub its nearly identicle to a profile hub . the main reason the stuck hubs exploded was because the forces being exerted on the rim were mutch greater which tore the driveside flanges off and cracked the hubshell .

Yeah and the freewheels exactly the same as enos look how they turned out, even sponsored riders won't use them and there given them free. and they wont use the freehubs either.

So far both freehubs and front freewheels have been dissed, not really helping I think... A friend of mine got an adamant rear freehub recently and has had no problems (Once he tensioned his chain correctly to stop it skipping). I've been running an ENO since christmas and again have had no problems. Given the threads on Hope Pro II's exploding and that Chris kings need a lot of stripping and cleaning to keep them reliable, the simplest solution is probably to take up a different sport :P.

Nothing on a trials bike is unbreakable, but most of the stuff that claims to be designed for trials (By reputable companies) tends to be pretty good for at least a year of hard use. At least if you know other people using the same parts (And keep an eye on the forum) you'll get some warning if there are known specific reliability problems with different parts.

Edited by psycholist