More Stupid Computer Questions

poopipe

Yeah sounds pretty sensible, I'm sure you already know, but turn the memclock multipler down so the memory runs at 333mhz. Then as you turn the FSB up on the CPU, it'll overclock the CPU and clock the memory back up from 333mhz to say as example 400mhz (which is standard speed) so really you don't have to overclock the memory at all. Think that makes sense. Dont worry about 'blowing up' it never happens. Ever. :turned:

Add me to msn if your unsure of anything.

crazyarsebastard@hotmail.com

i was concerned because if you run 3 1 gb sticks the dual channel doesn't happen and xp32 would only acknowledge the presence of 3 .

Nah it's not that Windows doesn't acknowledge them, it's just that it can't fully utilise them.

this'll make you laugh though. The socket 939 4000+ isnt dual core at all so I've upgraded from a single core 2ghz chip to a single core 2.4ghz chip. I'm obviously some sort of spacker for not realising that two identically numbered chips on different sockets would be completely different.

Ever thought about doing standup?