Freewheel Problems

Ben H!

does anyone know

my viz freewheel used to skip too(maded by the same factory with monty's), that's because i often wash my bike my bike with water,and didnt dry it as soon as possible.the water in the freewheel made it rusted.so i washed my viz with some gas of my motobike and then a little lubricating oil(don't use too much) ,now it is better.i will never wash my bike with pipewater

Edited by Troy

If it skips then it is Broken! However if it has just gone quiet it is more than likely fine! Have you taken it apart and looked at it? would be the obvious thing to do if it is concerning you!?

you may have sume grit in it from the rhodes wich will stop the bearings from clicking :turned:

Firstly the correct spelling of the words "some", "which" and "roads" would be a better start to your post! Secondly if the bearings are clicking i would be worried! You do not seem to know what you are talking about. Bearings should not click!

Edited by Cookyboy

If it skips then it is Broken! However if it has just gone quiet it is more than likely fine! Have you taken it apart and looked at it? would be the obvious thing to do if it is concerning you!?

Firstly the correct spelling of the words "some", "which" and "roads" would be a better start to your post! Secondly if the bearings are clicking i would be worried! You do not seem to know what you are talking about. Bearings should not click!

WRONG:

He could have meant the Greek island.

Anyways, if you want it to be louder, take it apart and use a thinner grease/lube it up. No need if it works well, though.

don't use any lube at all, I regulary take my eno apart and give the parts a clean with petrol or turps to get rid of as much shit as possible. you might think it'll cause it to wear faster but it doesn't make much difference as it ensures the pawls get a good grip of the ratchet and don't just slip off causing a skip and damaging the pawl

Edited by G4vyn